The position can be remote, but you also have the option of joining our NY or SF offices.
Dwell has been a champion of good home design for two decades and we reach more than 40 million people annually.
As a senior frontend engineer, you will be a member of a cross-functional product team that builds new products and services on top of Dwell's existing subscription platform, which already has hundreds of thousands of paying subscribers.
This product team is entrepreneurial, creative, personable, and fundamentally committed to building products and services that are best in class in design and execution. You will be a great fit if you’re self-motivated, organized, and multi-task well. You enjoy problem-solving and are always learning new skills.
What You’ll Do
- Assist with the prioritization of the product roadmap
- Lead front-end web development efforts
- Translate designs—rough sketches, wireframes, refined visual designs, interactive prototypes, and/or user stories—into well-crafted interfaces
- Plan, estimate, and build new features
- Ensure a high level of quality and performance
- Troubleshoot and debug as issues arise
- Refine and evolve our frontend web stack
- Collaborate closely with product, design, and back-end engineers by contributing to initial ideation and throughout implementation and iteration
- Generously share your knowledge and expertise through demos, presentations, mentoring, and code reviews
- Value feedback and constructive criticism
We Currently Use
What We’re Looking For
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Extensive experience translating designs into well-crafted code
- Experience working with service-oriented architecture
- Experience with React or similar
- Experience building digital subscription products
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- B.A., B.S., or equivalent experience